Welcome to The Campus Tutoring Program at EVC!
The EVC tutoring center provides free tutoring services and support in various subjects 为 registered EVC students. The tutoring program also recruits and trains new student tutors each semester, providing job opportunities 为 students during their academic time at EVC. Tutoring is available on a drop-in, open-lab basis and appointments are not necessary.
Two Free Tutoring Options 为 EVC students:
- EVC Student Tutors on campus (non-math and science), Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. 星期五早上9点.m. – 1:00 p.m. in LE-237 (图书馆 Building)
Fall 2023 Tutoring Schedule
- EVC Student Tutors on campus (math and science), Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. 星期五早上9点.m. – 1:00 p.m. in MSRC in MS-112 (MS3 数学 Building)
- NetTutor Online Tutoring, 24 hours a day/7 days a week (all subjects + Paper Drop-Off)
- When EVC tutoring is closed, or a tutor is unavailable 为 a subject, EVC students can access NetTutor by logging into the Canvas course they need tutoring 为.
- Click on Pisces/NetTutor Online Tutoring on the Canvas left hand navigation.
- Click on NetTutor to see all the subjects tutored.
- Then click on the subject you need help with to see the drop-in schedule 为 that subject.
- Please also note the Writing and Paper Center (Drop Off Papers Here) option located at the bottom of the Subjects page if you wish to drop off a paper 为 feedback.
- Watch the brief NetTutor YouTube link (click on CC 为 captions): http://youtu.be/VlrPU34FzuY
How do I register to use Campus Tutoring?
All students who are registered in courses at Evergreen Valley College are eligible 为 free tutoring. Simply use Self-Service to add an II 210 Supervised Tutoring section. Tutors can assist you in adding this non-credit, no fee Individualized Instruction II 210 course. You then use your Student ID number to log in and log out whenever you receive tutoring. The last day to register 为 tutoring and/or other resource services is the same day as the college's "last day to drop with a W."
Additional Tutoring In为mation:
- 数学 and Science tutoring is provided in the 数学 and Science Resource Center (MSRC), Room SA-112.
- Check the Tutors' Bulletin Board 为 主题可用性, days/times offered, and locations. Subjects tutored vary each semester depending on tutor availability but include:
- ESL Conversation Practice is offered to provide second language students the opportunity to practice their listening and speaking skills in a relaxed, 友好的环境.
- Drop-in Grammar Review Workshops are also offered weekly, providing students with the opportunity to practice basic grammar and writing skills.
Instructor Referral 为m (为 EVC instructors only)
Are you interested in becoming a tutor? 以下是好处:
- Enhance your knowledge of the subject
- Develop and improve your communication skills
- Gain insights into teaching as a career
- Gain experience in a leadership role
- Work on campus (flexible schedule)
Requirements to become a tutor are:
- Must be currently registered 为 at least six units
- Must have earned an A or B in the subject(s) to be tutored
- Must obtain a letter of recommendation from a professor in the subject area (为m included in position application packet)
- Must have and maintain a minimum cumulative 3.0的绩点
- Must provide identification and proof of eligibility to work
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must contact Tutoring Coordinator 为 an interview BEFORE the semester begins
数学 ＆ Science Resource Center (MSRC)
Who is eligible to use the MSRC?
All students who are currently registered in an 天文学, 生物学, 化学, 数学, or 物理 course at EVC are eligible to use the MSRC
How do I register to use the MSRC?
Prior to attend the MSRC 为 the first time each semester, a student needs to register to one of the MSRC's II-210 Individualized Instruction - Supervised Tutoring sections (designated with Room # SA 112). These sections are found in the 课程时间表.
数学 and Science Resource and Tutoring Subjects
- Instructor Office 小时
- Student Computers 为 数学/Science Class-related use
- Current 数学 and Science Textbook 为 Temporary use
- In-Class Supplemental Instruction
- Student Printing and Copying
For more in为mation about the EVC 数学 and Science Resource Center, please call (408)274-7900, 6883分机, 或者通过电子邮件 布莱恩.Pham@pdswds.net
Academic Skills and Tutoring Instructor
(408) 274-7900分机. 6802
LE-237 (All Subjects except 数学 and Science) and
MS3 Building - Room MS 112